Are you one of those whose lips often crack or chap? Are you one of those few who encounters cracking of lips even in the summer season?
Well, it’s pretty normal to have cracked and dry lips. Whether it’s cold-weather or hot, lips can become dehydrated when we don’t take care of them daily.
Simple and easy methods can help you get rid of dry, cracked and chapped lips.
If you are habitual of licking your lips to keep them moist, you are doing the wrong thing. Licking your lips more can make them drier than before.
Here are easy steps that you can adopt to get perfect, smooth and pucker lips.
Daily lip care routine:
According to lip care experts, you need to use a lip balm when you have dry lips generously. Here are few simple steps to apply a lip balm.
- You can apply a lip moisturizer, also known as lip balm, either with your finger or with an applicator.
- If you have to spend time outside, then you must get a lip balm with an SPF 30.
Exfoliation is a process that helps in eliminating dry skin from your lips. This dry skin is the leading cause of dryness, and it prevents smooth skin of lips. Exfoliation of lips should be done almost two days a week. Following are the easy ways via which you can exfoliate your lips:
- Use an exfoliating scrub and apply a little bit of it on your lips.
- Gently massage that scrub for not more than 30 seconds
- Apply the scrub on your lips for at least 10 minutes allowing the oils to soak it in your lips.
- Clean it with warm water.
- In the end, you need to apply a lip balm to conceal the lips.
Home remedies for exceptional lip care:
Here are some simple “Do it yourself” remedies that can help you.
According to experts, you can make a simple lip scrub at home by combining two teaspoons of salt or sugar with nourishing ingredients.
Various oils are known as nourishing ingredients, including coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, shea butter, pure petroleum, or any other loose mixture.
Lip balm similar to lip scrub is made by using any nourishing oils mentioned above with the following ingredients:
- Shea butter. 2 tbsp
- Liquid oil such as coconut oil, almond oil. 4 tbsp
- Beeswax pellets. 3tbsp
How men can follow a Lip Care routine:
Taking care of lips is essential apart from any gender discrimination. Above mentioned tips and methods must be followed by men to take care of their lips.
In short, following a healthy lip care regimen is not complex. You can quickly adapt it by following simple steps.
Once you make it a part of your life, you’ll experience more healthy and moisturized lips.