Homemade lip scrubs are essential to give your lips the tender, loving care they deserve. They remove dead skin cells from your lips, leaving them moisturized and softened. Not only do they improve how your lips look, but they also help them to absorb other products like lip balm. Therefore, it's prudent to use them if you haven't started already.
What are the benefits of homemade lip scrubs?
These homemade beauty products use natural ingredients to ensure your lips' health, making them the best-reviewed products on Korean beauty platforms. That said, here are some benefits of homemade lip scrubs to consider.
They give your lips a great glow
Dead skin cells can cause your lips to look flaky while diminishing their shine. However, a simple yet effective natural lip scrub can rectify the issue by gently exfoliating these cells and moisturizing your lips. What's more, they hydrate and nourish your lips, giving them a radiant glow. Aside from this, they give your lips a youthful look by reducing premature aging signs.
They make your lips healthier
Inadequate lip care, coldness, stress, or UV radiation can cause your lips to become flaky. Unfortunately, flaky skin can cause your lips to crack and cause infections such as actinic cheilitis and eczema. To avoid these unpleasant infections, you should embrace homemade lip scrubs. Besides, natural products like honey, aloe Vera and coconut oil combat inflammation and moisturize your lips, keeping them healthy.
They make your lipstick look better and last longer
For women who love their lipsticks, flaky lips can be a nightmare because they dampen your lipstick look. What's more, they cause your lipstick to flake, giving them a not-so-nice look and texture. Fortunately, exfoliating with natural lip scrubs can exfoliate your lips for a smoother lipstick application. Besides, lip scrubs enhance your lipstick color while enabling your lips to absorb moisture from hydrating lipsticks.
They give you plumper and succulent lips
If you're looking to have fuller and succulent lips, then you may consider exfoliating with homemade lip scrubs. Not only do they get rid of annoying flaky skin, but they also increase blood flow to your lips, giving you a quick but effective natural plump. Moreover, they give your lips a vibrant color, making them more attractive.
They're an excellent alternative for lipsticks
Lip scrubs are excellent for women who love to flaunt their natural lip color. Their exfoliating abilities ensure that your natural lip tint glows continuously. What's more, they hydrate your lips, making them more attractive without doing much.
You don't have to strain your finances for flawless lips. Instead, you can get the best exfoliating ingredients in your home, making it a quicker and more affordable alternative for healthier lips.
How to exfoliate your lips with homemade lip scrubs?
Health and Beauty experts advise that you don't exfoliate your lips more than twice weekly to prevent lip irritation and damage. That said, you may follow these steps for a healthier exfoliating routine.
- It's essential to clean your lips before you start the process, after which you pour a tablespoon of your lip scrub into a small dish.
- You may use a cotton swab to dab into your lip scrub. While the quantity you need depends on your chosen ingredients, it's best to coat your swab thoroughly.
- If you opt for a toothbrush or towel, you may directly dip it into your mixture to get the desired amount. However, it's best not to scrub too harshly, as it may hurt your lips rather than exfoliate them.
- You can soften your lips with water before applying your lip scrub in small circles.
- You may then wipe excess mixture with a clean, soft cloth or tissue and apply a moisturizing lipstick or lip balm.
It's prudent to use a humidifier to moisten the air around you when you're exfoliating your lips. You may also wear a lip balm with sun protection when exfoliating in the morning and a hydrating moisture balm for night use.
How to choose your ingredients?
While there are various ingredients available, not all options might agree with your lips. Therefore, it's best to research the best ingredients to prevent dryness, rashes, and irritation. To be on the safe side, beauty experts advise that you avoid ingredients such as camphor, eucalyptus oil, peppermint fragrances, oxybenzone, mint, menthol, and octinoxate due to their potential tendencies to disrupt the outer skin layer and irritate your lips. Instead, they recommend that you use natural oils and fatty acids to create the best homemade lip exfoliating mixture.
Every lip scrub comprises exfoliating ingredients and emollients (moisturizing ingredients), and it's best to know how to combine them for the best results. For example, you may combine sugar and honey or cinnamon and natural oils (olive, jojoba, coconut, or almond oils). If you're using a toothbrush, you may also combine it with petroleum jelly or use a cotton swab with your favorite lip balm. Coffee grounds work excellently well with shea butter, and you can try it out for optimum results.
Additional lip care tips
Although exfoliating your lips with natural lip scrubs keeps your lips attractive, you can also incorporate other methods to ensure their health. That said, you can keep your lips healthy with these tips.
- It's best not to lick or touch your lips often, as it strips them of moisture, leaving them drier, chapped, and prone to bacterial and fungal infections.
- You may wipe off your lipstick and with a wet cotton ball and hydrate your lips before you sleep.
- It's prudent to drink lots of water and eat a balanced diet for healthier and more attractive lips.
- You can also massage your lips often and use hydrating lipstick when stepping out to prevent damage by UV-B rays.
- You may also use top-quality lip products to ensure that your lips stay more attractive.
Fortunately, you can get the best lip products from unpa for fuller, more succulent, and attractive lips. You may visit https://unpaglobal.com/pages/brand for more lip-friendly products and tips.